Most people tend to ask, how does technology affect online studies? Some of the instructors think of technology as a harmful distraction for their students. They have the urge to ban the use of mobile phones and social media in class, as they perceive that it has adverse effects. The best approach is to embrace the power of modern technological devices, tools, and apps. It will help by increasing engagements; collaboration will be encouraged; learning will be enhanced, and spark innovation.
It is imperative to have a guide for educational technology to be active and enhance learning and teaching. Technology is a powerful innovation, transformed from a distraction to a useful and interactive teaching tool. Below are some of the technology is changing and affecting online studies.
- With technology comes better access to resources. When a student uses the internet, they can access massive information at any time and from anywhere. With up to date versions, it is possible to get anything online. Students can access research materials and educational apps; they will be able to access interactive educational entertainment and resources from prestigious universities around the globe. Students need proper instructions on how to locate credible resources and how to use the information.
Students can supplement learning by forming online groups and discuss all their problems. The other way students can learn is by getting help with their homework, there are affordable sites, which help with finance assignment.
- Technology helps students improve their engagement, and it makes learning more collaborative and interactive. Students can engage in their course work and memorize all the facts. They can take an interactive quiz and participate in discussion groups by playing educational games, taking a virtual field trip, and practicing in science experiments. Instructors have the chance to utilize simulation tools, which help with virtual reality, especially in practicing medical procedures. They will have the opportunity to turn their classroom into virtual reality and finding effective ways to learn all the complicated subject matter.
- Students can learn about anything from any geographical location. They can access blog posts, view photos, and email questions to scientists to get answers. There is an expansion of the classroom boundaries when using technology. In the modern world, classrooms are not just walls.
- Technology enhances self-paced learning; students need not struggle anymore-on new concepts and falling behind in understanding the concept. They can advance their assignments at their set time. When they need extra practice, they have guided exercises and additional coursework. Students can have access to instructors and resources online when they need extra help. They are exposed to digital literacy and gain better skills when joining the workforce.
- With technology comes innovative teaching and better techniques. Technology helps in the way information is accessed and thought. The classroom instructor becomes more of a guide. It happens from accessing data to watching online-recorded lectures; there is an opportunity to open up the world of innovation. It is from collaborative class groups to hybrid classrooms; tutors can use their classroom response as a system to access the way students understand the course and adjust the course content.
Most people think of technology as a threat with no limits and have adverse effects; in the modern world, that should not be the case. When it is well integrated, the teaching practice will offer a better way of interacting with students and engage with the course resources. Technology has lifted the ban on having classrooms within a confined wall. Social media platforms do not need to be a distraction; it can be part of the course material. There are no boundaries within the learning environment.