The world’s most popular messenger that lets you sent text messages, audios, videos and photos to and from your friends is WhatsApp. It has over 900 million active users. It is a cross platform mobile messaging app and is available for IPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows Phone, and Android. Without having to pay for SMS it allows to exchange the unlimited messages.
The most common pain with the app is that it automatically downloads and saves the photos, videos etc. by default. You bothered about losing your privacy because anyone can access your personal photos and videos through your Gallery. The auto downloading feature is quite easy to disable in WhatsApp. Due to this auto downloading feature, a lot of internet data present on your phone is burning and you might have to recharge with internet packs more often. Here, you will be able to know how to stop auto downloading and saving of photos, videos etc.
IPhone has an easy way to stop auto downloading and saving of photos in WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on Settings button and tap on Chat settings.
- In Chat settings, tap on Media Auto Download (or) Save Incoming Media.
- If Save Incoming Media is turned on by default, turn it off by tapping on the slide. By doing this you will stop saving photos and videos automatically to your camera roll.
To disable auto downloading photos and videos etc, for WhatsApp in your Android, here is the way to do it.
- Open WhatsApp
- Click on the Settings button in the top right corner of the app.
- In Settings, tap on the Chats and calls.
- In Chats and calls, tap on the Media auto-download.
- You have three menu’s in the Media auto download. They are a. Mobile Data, b. WiFi, c. when roaming.
- Three options (images, audio, videos) are prsent in the each menu. By default these three options are turned on. Select each menu and turn off them by tapping on each option and click OK. By doing this, the auto downloading and saving of images are stopped in your android mobile.
The users of Windows Phone need to follow the following steps to stop auto downloading and saving of photos for your WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp
- Click on the three horizontal dots at the bottom of the app. Tap settings.
- Now go to chats and calls and tap on the media auto download. Click on images and keep the option “never”, by keeping this you will be able to download all content only when you want to. Do the same for both audio and videos. So, the auto downloading and saving option is disabled in your windows phone.
For BlackBerry open WhatsApp and go to Settings and click on the media settings. There in media settings, tap on the media auto download. In that it has three menus. Select the “when Using Cellular data” and turn off all three options – (images, audio, videos). Do the same for remaining menus “when using WiFi” and “roaming”. By this, the auto downloading and saving of media (images, audio, videos) is stopped.