As a start up business it’s exciting to have an idea. However, it’s going to take more than an idea to make your start up successful. You need to find a way to move it from reality to acquisition and this will require a lot of work on your behalf. While some of this help will come from humans, for some of it you’ll need to depend on technology.
Productivity and Project Management Tools
Running with an idea is great but you need to be ready to adopt other ideas as well. You never know when ideas may hit you. As such, you really need to have some help keeping up with everything you’re doing. This is where productivity and project management tools are beneficial. Some of the best ones include:
- Asana is a great way to break down your biggest projects into small, actionable tasks. You can set goals and be rewarded for reaching them. Additionally, it’s possible to assign everything to your calendar. All these things are done from one place.
- Trello has a simple interface that you can use color coding with. Besides helping with project management, it’s a great way to keep track of your to-do lists too.
- Slack is a non-intrusive way to collaborate with your whole team. You no longer have to send emails when everyone can come together here online. If you don’t like this option, you can try Github. This tool is specially built for engineers because besides managing projects, it also lets you host and review code.
- Evernote is a great place to take notes while on the go. Here you can keep track of all your great ideas and clip web pages then easily search through all of them later. This makes it easy to keep track of everything but if you find that it’s just not right for you, maybe consider using Post-It Plus instead. It’s another way to easily take notes and then collaborate with your team members regarding them.
With so much information floating around, you may need some concentrating and still finding time to enjoy breaks. It will help you get through any of the to-do lists you create in any of these apps each day. You’ll also find it easier to concentrate on the task at hand when using this tool.
Automate Your Marketing
Startup saysthat an area of your business you can’t overlook at that you should automate so it doesn’t take up so much time is your business’ marketing. There are a lot of tools that can help you here as well, including:
- Bitly is much more than a basic link shortener. It also offers statistics and information about how many people are clicking on your links and where they’re sharing them too.This is a great way to track the impact you’re making on social media too.
- Buffer is a tool that many people enjoy using when they’re scheduling their social media posts. This is because the tool is both easy to use and inexpensive, yet it’s still effective. You can schedule posts to all your accounts for months in advance. Once they’re posted you can track how well they’re doing too.
- Clearbit Connect is an email marketing tool that will help you find the email addresses you need. Most marketers can find these quite easily but if you don’t have the time or money to hire a PR person to do the work for you, check this tool out instead.
- Hootsuite is like Buffer. It’s another social media marketing tool with an interface that’s easy to use and a price that’s affordable. Many marketing experts really enjoy using this tool to schedule their posts across different platforms, measure their social ROI, and keep track of the impact their campaigns have had. This is great because they can do all of this in just one place.
Unleash the Power of Google
When you’re traveling a lot it’s hard to have a lot of tools that you rely on. This is why there are suites of tools available that make it easier to keep technology at your fingertips while you’re on the go. Google offers one such suite. Some of the best features include:
- The canned responses option will save you a lot of time. It saves a copy of your email templates, so you no longer need to type them out. Many companies report that this can save them as much as 30 minutes per email they have to type out. Another tool that you might find helpful here is Boomerang. You can use it to schedule your emails for later. Additionally, it will let you create follow up remindersso that you won’t forget about a super important email.
- G Suite is also included with Gmail, a calendar, G Docs, and G Drive. This is one of the most comprehensive startup tools available today. You can use it for email, syncing calendars, sharing documents, and storage.
When you feel like Google isn’t the tool for you, it’s important to know that something similar does exist. This is offered by Dropbox. It’s a great place to store and share files that you want to backup securely. A newer feature is Dropbox Paper which allows your team to collaborate while you’re away from the office. You can double its power by using UberConference for hosting video conferences in which you collaborate on things. Nobody would ever even know that you’re not in your office.
With all these great tools that are available you’ll want to find a way to bring them all together, especially if you don’t want to simply use a suite. When you want to pick and choose the apps that you think are best for your business you should look at Zapier. It will automatically integrate all your web apps for you.
Clearly, startup tools can help you create a successful business. Since almost all these tools are online you can access them from anywhere. As such, you’ll want to decide which ones you want to start using today.