Getting your branding in order means having a digital marketing strategy you can rely on. However, even if you have your marketing know-how with you, it can be challenging to juggle managing your business and handling its marketing at the same time. If you have a particular vision for your company, you might want to have a digital marketing agency do the heavy lifting for you. However, with quite a ton of marketing agencies touting to be the “best” out there, just how do you determine which is the one for you?
It might help to learn more about digital marketing first before tackling hiring a digital marketing agency. And what better way to learn more about the field than to check how it is going so far? If you’re looking for ways to up the ante of your digital marketing game, you’re on the right track. In terms of search engine optimization alone, half of small- to medium-sized businesses barely have a basic understanding of the concept. In fact, 49% of companies actually don’t have a clear-cut digital marketing push yet, and 39% of marketers believe their digital marketing direction isn’t exactly effective.
Knowing just what you could do with your digital marketing thrust is important. For instance, producing relevant content is important as 75% of people who find helpful information about a local service will most likely visit physical stores themselves. Advertisements matter, too, as Google is actually capable of reaching 80% of Internet users globally through display campaigns.
Digital Marketing Agency: Getting the Right Fit
With the above into consideration, getting yourself equipped with the right digital marketing strategy can actually reap quite a ton of benefits on your end across multiple fronts. Unfortunately, this can only be done either with a good team or hiring the right digital marketing agency for your needs. Not having this now doesn’t spell game over for you, though. You might just need a slight change of perspective. Here are some tips to ask digital marketing agencies before hiring the one for your business needs:
- Make your intentions clear from the beginning: When hiring a digital marketing agency for your company, it’s much better to have a clear intention on the outset. What sort of digital marketing need do you want to meet? Are you aiming for more viewers and subscribers? Do you want more leads? Do you want a more robust system for your eCommerce website? Different needs require different approaches, and while digital marketing teams may have a team “for the job,” it’s best to find a digital marketing company that can meet your needs directly. This is best done if you’re aware of your needs in the first place.
- Assess the experience and specializations of the agency: Another important step in hiring a digital marketing agency is to check its specialization. It’s one thing to have a digital marketing agency to “handle” your needs, and another thing to have a digital marketing agency to take care of your specific needs. Are they experienced with what you’re asking from them? What else can they offer that could help your company?
- See if they have dealt with a situation similar to yours: An extremely important aspect of work to be clarified with a digital marketing agency is if they’ve dealt with a situation similar to yours before. Have they done something similar to what you’re requesting with a client of the same niche or type as yours? Knowing this and how they dealt with these clients can give you an idea of how successful or experienced they are with potentially handling your needs.
- Ask what they can do to your company based on your needs: With the above in mind, it may also help to ask them just what their ideas are in terms of what can be improved in your company based on your needs. See if they’re honest enough to tell you if your needs can be met or not based on how you’ve been performing so far, and check if they communicate with you in an understandable, comprehensible, and respectful manner. If they communicate their intentions and plans well, and you can understand them properly, this might be a good candidate for a digital marketing agency.
- Ask about evaluation, assessment, and reporting: To cap your questions, make sure you’re aware how your digital marketing agency will be reporting to you once they need to get data or statistics through. What systems are they using? How often are they going to report back? How well do they take criticisms? Who will be communicating with you? By knowing the answers to these questions, you are sure that systems are in place for the evaluation and tracking of the progress of your digital marketing efforts and you’re constantly aware of what needs to be adjusted.
The Bottom Line: Getting the Right Agency for Your Marketing Needs
Getting the right agency for your marketing needs means having to understand if they’re on the “same page” as you are in terms of your objectives and preferred approach. While marketing teams do generally deliver results after a few months, it’s still different working with an agency that completely understands the vision you have for your company and the kind of success you want to achieve. As such, take into careful consideration not just the existing skills of your future agency but also their track record, resources, and vision for your company.