Whenever we get a new smartphone, the transferring of our contacts is probably the first thing that we do. After all, our phone is incomplete without our contacts. While users hardly face any issue to transfer contacts between same platforms (like iOS to iOS or Android to Android), the cross-platform transfer of data can be a bit complicated. A lot of curious users have asked us how to transfer contacts to new iPhone.
We are here to discuss the best ways to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone in this guide. This might surprise you, but there are numerous ways to do the same. You can use a native solution or a third-party application. Read on and get to know about these solutions in detail.
A One-click Solution to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
Yes – you have read it right. Now, with just a single click, you can transfer your data from one device to another. To do this, take the assistance of dr.fone – Switch. Developed by Wondershare and a part of the dr.fone toolkit, it provides a seamless and direct device to device transfer solution. Since it supports a cross-platform transfer of data, you can easily move your important files between Android and iOS.
Using dr.fone – Switch is extremely easy. With just one click, you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. Besides contacts, you can move other types of data as well like photos, videos, music, messages, etc. Here are some of its major features:
- It provides a one-click hassle-free solution to perform a direct device to device transfer.
- You can move your data from an Android to Android, iPhone to iPhone, Android to iPhone, and iPhone to Android.
- It supports all the leading iOS and Android devices. This includes the new iOS devices like iPhone 7, 8, X, and more. Also, Android devices manufactured by all major brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, Lenovo, Motorola, Huawei, etc. are supported.
- You can select the type of data you wish to transfer
- It provides an intuitive user-friendly solution
- The desktop application runs on all the popular Mac and Windows versions
- Free trial available
If you wish to learn how to transfer contacts to new iPhone using dr.fone – Switch, then simply follow these steps:
- Before you start the process, download and install dr.fone – Switch on your Mac or Windows system. Launch it whenever you wish to move your data from one device to another. From the home screen of the dr.fone toolkit, select the “Switch” option.
- Now, connect both the device to the system. Make sure that you “trust” the computer on your iPhone and the media transfer is enabled on your Android.
- The application will detect both the devices automatically. Since you wish to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone, your Android should be listed as the “Source” device while iPhone should be the “Destination” device. Otherwise, you can use the “Flip” button to change their positions.
- Great! Now all you need to do is select the type of data you wish to transfer. Make sure the “Contacts” option is enabled. You can select any other kind of data from here as well. To get things started, click on the “Start Transfer” button.
- That’s it! This will start the transfer process from your Android phone to iPhone. Simply wait for a while and let both the device be connected to the system.
- Once your data has been transferred, you will be notified. In the end, you can remove both the devices safely.
How to transfer contacts to new iPhone by syncing Gmail?
If you are an avid Android user, then you must have synced your contacts with Gmail. If not, then just visit the contacts app on your phone and enable the syncing option with your Google account. Once that is done, you can easily transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to its Mail, Contacts, and Calendar settings.
- Choose to add a new account and select Gmail from the provided options.
- Log-in to your Gmail account by entering the right credentials.
- Once you have added your Gmail account, select it and enable the sync option for contacts.
- Wait for a while as your phone would sync Gmail contacts to its existing contacts.
Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone with Move to iOS App
To make it easier for its users to move from their existing Android to the new iOS device, Apple has come up with a dedicated app – Move to iOS. Using this freely available app, you can easily learn how to transfer contacts to new iPhone without any data loss. The app will perform a wireless transfer between both the devices. The detailed process to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using Move to iOS app is as follows:
- Go to Play Store on your Android device and download the Move to iOS app on your phone.
- Now, turn on your iPhone. Make sure that you are setting up your device as the feature is only provided during the initial setup. If not, then you need to factory reset your phone to get this option. As your phone would turn on, choose to move data from an Android device.
3.Launch the Move to iOS app on the existing Android phone and make sure that both the devices are connected to the same Wifi network. Agree to the terms and conditions, and tap on “Continue”.
4.The iOS device will display a one-time code. Simply enter this on your Android phone to authenticate the setup.
- Once both the devices are connected, just select the type of data you wish to transfer. Make sure that the “Contacts” option is selected.
- Wait for a while as the app will automatically transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
Which is the best solution?
Now when you know how to transfer contacts to new iPhone, you can easily pick the best option. The Move to iOS app is mostly not recommended as it only allows us to transfer our data while setting up a new device. If you are already using the target iOS device, then you need to factory reset it before to use the Move to iOS app. This is a major drawback which stops us from using the app.
Also, a lot of users don’t like to sync their Gmail account with iPhone. This can cause a lot of confusion on your phone and clutter its space. Therefore, if you are looking for the quickest and easiest solution to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone, then try dr.fone – Switch. It provides a one-click simple solution to transfer data directly from one device to another without any complication.
There you go! After reading this informative guide, you would be able to transfer your data from an Android to iPhone instantly. Also, if you wish to teach others how to transfer contacts to new iPhone, then feel free to share this guide with them as well. Go on and try these amazing solutions and let us know your feedback.