You bought your new laptop and started using it for the first time. You plug in and you go with the process of windows setup, and you’re all done, isn’t that so? Not by any means. Your laptop is not really ready for the use right now- until you do some tuning to your laptop.
Here are the 10 things you need to do with your new PC to start using it.
Step 0: Upgrade to Windows 10
If your laptop came up with Windows 8.1, you need or can move up to the most recent version of Microsoft’s OS before you do whatever else. Your portable PC might as of now have a Windows 10 update in the system; assuming this is the case, you can utilize that to start the update. In any case, in the event that you don’t have the notification and you have a 4GB or bigger USB drive, you can take after our directions for a simple upgrade.
Step 1: Run All Windows Updates
Your PC is most likely going to download a series of Windows 10 reports all alone so why not get it over with by compelling them to installing manually?
- Type “upgrades” in the search box
- Click on “Check for upgrades.”
Windows will begin searching down and downloading upgrades, however you don’t need to sit tight for this procedure to finish before proceeding onward to your next task.
Step 2: Adjust Your Display Scaling
Now days most of the laptops are coming with high display scaling that are sharp and bright, however have such a variety of pixels that your symbols and text styles might show up excessively little out of the crate. Then again, your portable workstation might have symbols and textual styles that are bigger than you require them, possibly squandering screen land. You can control the measure of desktop items utilizing a Windows highlight known as display scaling. On the off chance that on-screen substance is too little for you, you can turn the scaling up to 125 or even 150 percent. In any case, on the off chance that you’d like to fit more on the display on the double, you can turn that number down to 100 percent.
- Right click on your laptop and then select Display Settings.
- Move the slider under “Change the span of content, applications . . . ” to one side or right. Moving left declines the scaling rate so you have littler articles while sliding to the privilege develops everything. You can’t get any littler than 100 percent. You will see a quick change to the extent of a few menus.
- Reboot your PC or log out and log back in.
Step 3: Unhide File Extensions and Hidden Files
Windows 10 treats you like a dishonest person, expansions (ex: .docx, .xls, .jpg) and making system documents totally undetectable. Yet, seeing the three or four-letter record augmentations is especially critical on the grounds that they let you know precisely what kind of document you’re taking a gander at. It’s insufficient to know, for instance, that “my-family-get-away” is a photo document; you ought to know whether it’s a JPG, a GIF or a PNG record before you choose to print or share it. By the same token, a myreport.doc can be perused by Microsoft Word from 2003 and before however myreport.docx requires more current programming.
- Open File Explorer. You can arrive by tapping on the yellow envelope symbol on the taskbar.
- Click the View tab present at the top of the window.
- Switch on “Record name augmentations” and “Shrouded things.” You should hit “Perspective” again after you check the first.
Step 4: Configure Cortana or Turn it Off
Microsoft’s built in advanced right hand offers various perfect elements , for example, the capacity to set updates, find records by semantic pursuit, answer questions utilizing Bing’s information base, perform some voice orders and give you alarms for things such as climate and sports scores. In the event that the thought of having a computerized associate speaks to you, you have to enact Cortana and give her some data about you. If not, you can accelerate your search by stopping her completely.
To initiate Cortana:
- Click in the search box.
- Then Click Next
- Click on Use Cortana.
In the event that you aren’t signed into a Microsoft account, you’ll be provoked to sign in, however you ought to as of now be signed into Windows 10 with that record (unless you made a special effort to make a neighborhood account).
- Select the note pad symbol in the left menu bar that shows up when you tap the hunt box.
A rundown of symbols shows up.
- Click About Me to enter your name and most loved spots, (for example, work and home).
Out of the Box Laptop Tips – Revision Stub
- Click Sports to tell Cortana what groups you take after.
- Click Connected Accounts to give Cortana access to information from different records.
Out of the Box Laptop Tips – Revision Stub
If you need to cripple Cortana, then follow the below steps:
- Click the Notebook symbol and after that Settings.
- Slide “Cortana can give you proposals” to Off.
Step 5: Install Your Browser of Choice (or stay with Edge)
Microsoft’s new Edge Browser is quick, easy and unquestionably worth considering. On the other hand, in case you’re accustomed to utilizing Chrome and Firefox and you have accounts and/or augmentations set up in them, you’ll need your most loved program immediately. To set your new program as the default, take after these strides.
- Download and run your preferred program installer. Chrome is at https://www.google.com/chrome/program/desktop/
- Explore to settings. You can arrive from the Start Menu.
- Click on the System.
- Select Default applications in the left sheet.
- Click the symbol under Web program. It might say “Pick a default” or it might have the symbol for the present default program.
- Select your program in the pop-up menu that shows up.
Step 6: Set Up Keyboard Shortcuts for Everything
You can spare a considerable measure of time – no less than a few minutes a day that include after some time – by utilizing console alternate routes as opposed to moving your mouse pointer over a screen to open a menu or double tap on a symbol. Notwithstanding retaining the most critical inherent Windows console alternate routes and particular easy routes for your most loved applications (ex: CTRL+ T opens another tab in your program), you can and ought to set up hot keys that open your most loved projects. Here’s the way to do it.
- Open the run dialog box by hitting Windows + R.
- Sort “adventurer shell:AppsFolder” into the crate and hit OK.
- Right tap on the application you need and select Create Shortcut.
- Click Yes when provoked. Another symbol shows up on your desktop.
- Right tap on the new alternate way and select Properties.
- Enter a key mix utilizing CTRL + ALT + a Character in the Shortcut key box. You can utilize letters, numbers or images. We propose utilizing letters that speak to the project you’re dispatching (ex: CTRL + ALT + W for Word).
- Click on OK.
Step 7: Copy or Sync Your Files
What great is your new PC on the off chance that it doesn’t have your most imperative information on it? There are a few conceivable approaches to move your archives, photographs, recordings and other key documents over from an old PC. These incorporate
OneDrive Sync: If your vital documents are put away in OneDrive, they will consequently download to the new PC once you sign into the new PC with your Microsoft account.
Dropbox or Google Drive: These administrations work simply like OneDrive however don’t come preloaded with Windows (unless your portable PC maker put them there). In the event that you were utilizing them to store records on your old PC, introduce them on the new one.
Duplicate records physically. Select every one of the records under your Documents, Music, Videos and Photos libraries, duplicate them to an outside drive (ex: Flash drives) and afterward duplicate them over to the new machine. This is somewhat repetitive so we prescribe utilizing Cloud stockpiling if conceivable.
Step 8: Uninstall Bloatware
Most PC sellers put loads of outsider, preloaded programming on your PC. From 30-day trials of antivirus programming to easygoing recreations (ex: Candy Crush) you might not have any desire to play, the majority of this bloatware is sucking up framework assets. To uninstall bloatware:
- Explore to Settings. You can arrive from the Start Menu.
- Select System.
- Select Apps and Features from the left menu.
- Select an application you wish to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click the second uninstall catch that shows up.
Step 9: Change Your Desktop Theme
In case you’re content with the wallpaper and shading plot that your PC accompanied, by all methods keep it. Then again, the vast majority will need to customize Windows 10’s look and feel by evolving topics. Here’s the means by which:
Right tap on the desktop and select Personalize.
The personalization menu shows up.
To change your desktop wallpaper:
- Select Picture, Solid Color or Slideshow from the Background menu.
2a. In the event that you picked “picture,” select a photograph from the rundown or peruse for one on your hard drive.
2b. On the off chance that you picked, “strong shading,” select one of the accessible shades.
2c. On the off chance that you picked “Slideshow,” choose which organizer you need the show to draw from. It defaults to your photos library.
To change the shade of your taskbar, window title bars and Start menu:
- Click Colors in the left nav.
- Pick a shading or flip “consequently pick” to on.
- Switch “Show shading on Start, taskbar…” to On.
As opposed to tweaking the hues and wallpaper independently, you can look over a prior topic.
- Click Themes in the left sheet.
Step 10: Disable the Time-Wasting Lock Screen
Unless you appreciate gazing at an appealing photograph when you first boot or wake your PC, the Windows lock screen fills truly no need. Each time you start up, you need to swipe or tap on the lock screen photographs before you can enter your username and secret key, yet why not simply go straight to the login brief? Here’s the way.
- Open the registry editorial manager by hitting Windows + R and writing “regedit” into the run box.
- Click Yes if provoked by User Account Control.
- Explore to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows by opening the organizer tree in the left window sheet
- Right snap in the right sheet and select New->Key. At that point rename the key Personalization. Avoid this stride if a Personalization key as of now exists under Windows.
- Open the Personalization key.
- Right snap in the right sheet and select New->DWORD (32-bit) esteem. Rename it to NoLockScreen.
- Close the Registry Editor and reboot your PC