What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS) platform written in PHP. It is one of the most popular tool and the easiest way for creating and managing any kind of websites and blogs.
Did you ever build a website? Don’t worry!! With WordPress you can build a professional looking website even if you don’t have any technical skills and also without writing a single line of code.Unlike other platforms, WordPress is completely portable and free to use. Many popular blogs, companies, music sites, e- Commerce sites and many more are widely using WordPress today.
Have you installed WordPress? If not, check out this simple procedure to install it.
WordPress installation is not a big task and be done within minutes. It is very well – known for easy installation and has a user – friendly interface. There are many available web hosts platforms like Fantastico offering tools that help you install WordPress automatically.
Instead of these platforms, you can install WordPress by yourself. Follow the below guide,
Things to do before you install WordPress
Before beginning to install WordPress, you need to go through and have these things,
- A web server (FTP or shell)
- A text editor
- An FTP client
- Any of your chosen web browser
Things to do to install WordPress
- Check your web host whether it has minimum requirements to run
- Download the most recent version of WordPress.
- Unzip the file downloaded and save to another folder in your hard drive
- Secure password for secret key
- Should keep web page open so it would be easy while installation
Now, let’s start with the quick installation process,
1.Open the official page of WordPress , click the download button which you find on right side of the page and download the latest version of WordPress. Once after downloading, it will get saved on your hard disk. Locate the downloaded package and extract it to a new folder.
2. After downloading the WordPress, now extract the archive and upload to web hosting account. Upload the extracted folders to web server via File transfer protocols (FTP) using application like FileZilla or through cPanel
-> Upload files
If you want the installation to be main of your website, save it in public_ html folder. You can also create a sub folder (public_html/blog) if you want to run only part of your website on WordPress.
3. Create a MySQL Database and a user. Make sure you remember the database name, user name and password you have created.
4. Next, if you uploading in public_html , you need to open http://yourdomain.com in your chosen web browser. You will get a notice which includes, that you don’t have wp_config.php file and you need to create it. Click on create a configuration file in the notice you got and proceed further.
Now, you will get a message. Press the let’s go
Enter the necessary details and create a database MySQL and press submit button.
Click, run the install
Now enter the information of username, title of your new site and press install WordPress button.
That’s it, you now done with the installation process and now you can log in to open your backend dashboard.