Are you worried about the error message “Insufficient storage available” you often pop in your Smartphone while installing or updating apps?
If you have enough space in your mobile and still you’re mobile get these kinds of error messages, don’t get panic!! You can clear them in just few minutes by following these below provided different steps,
The first thing you need to do is to clear the apps cache data and see whether it clears up and get enough space for your further installation. Now, you need to do is download an application that has memory storage of about 2MB in size – yet can consume up more room, depending upon your device capacity. So on the off chance that you are having issues installing applications you’re going to need to erase something off your phones internal storage(not the microSD card), different applications or media, for example, features or photographs are faultless – regardless of the fact that you have huge amounts of space accessible.
In most cases,
- Open the settings option on your android Smartphone, tap on to apps or application manager option.
- Move on to sideways where you find 3 options (all, downloaded, running). Tap on to downloaded section, where you can see the total list of applications and the amount of storage space each app took.
- Now, scroll down to open more button or select menu and tap on to “sort by size” button. This shows the list of apps with the largest occupied space in order.
- Tap on any application to see how much amount of space it is taking. Check how much storage it is taking for data and also cache.
- Tap on clear cache button that removes its cache and some amount of space gets free. You also can select clear data button but that might remove necessary files.
- Repeat the same process for every app and clear the cache and get some space free.
Few devices have another quick option to clear the cache,
- Open the settings option and select storage
- You will be able to see the data and storage space used by all apps.
- Now, tap on cached data
- You will get a confirmation message to tap delete option and free the cache for the working space.
Be cautioned that clearing the cache may not do the trap in all cases. Android phones that use external capacity (SD cards) regularly have a great deal less usable stockpiling than is accounted for.
There are security and soundness explanations behind this requirement, however they’ve changed starting with one Android form then onto the next, and in a few adaptations application creators get the opportunity to choose the tenets for what can be put away where. Subsequently, Android Smartphone’s with removable storage may need to have applications and data evacuated to make space for redesigns and new applications – not just the cache.
Most of the android devices supporting external storage have very less internal storage capacity. That’s the reason you couldn’t install or update any app you are interested in, even you are done with cleaning the cache. It’s better to purchase a Smartphone with at least 32GB of internal storage.
Now, you might be done with cleaning the cache and got some free space available. To make your work more easy follow this process,
- Go to Goggle play store and install the free application: App cache cleaner- 1 tap clean
- Now, open the app and allow the app to scan your device. Once the scanning process gets finished, then you can clear the cache with just one click on the rubbish bin
And now I believe you are fixed with the error message of insufficient storage and start downloading or updating your desired apps.
Steps to follow when IOS devices won’t allow installing updates of OS due to lack of storage space,
IOS devices are less prone to get these error messages of insufficient storage compare to Android devices. In ios devices, applications cache is present in the same sandbox. You need to remove files present in apps sandboxes for the enough space.
Below are the steps to follow for removing the apps such as intensive videos,
- Open the Settings option in your IOS device
- Tap on General and then tap Usage button.
- Tap on to the manage storage button On the Usage screen and then wait for few seconds for the applications to appear with the storage space data.
- The > icon appears on the right side of the app. Tap on the icon and delete the files.
- Now, tap on edit option present right upper side and then select the delete icon for the files you would like to delete.
Note: Remember to back up the files to iTunes.
However, there is a much better method for installing Ios updates without putting effort and risk to delete files:
- Open your device from the list. Open select pane of the device.
- Select back up button in order to back up the necessary files present in the device to iTunes.
- After completing the back up process, click “check for updates: option. If there is any update pending or available, install it from iTunes.