You will import bookmarks, saved passwords, extensions, browsing history, tabs and other customization in Google Chrome browser through a backup. Signing in to your Google account will upload your entire setting and making it accessible to any computer or device you use together. If you are signed in your Google account using different computers, because if you make changes on Computer 1 chrome browser it will automatically reflect on Computer 2 chrome browser. Avoid signing in your Google account into untrusted computers for security measures because your data will be accessible to other users stored on these computers. Delete the user you used to sign in to remove your data.
Here in this article I am going to give you an idea about how to backup saved passwords in Google chrome browser.
How to backup manually
- Press windows key + R in your keyboard then type the code “%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Applications\Google\Chrome\User Data” and then click OK button.
- Copy the folder named Default and paste folder in a safe location.
- To restore the folder, repeat step a.
- Copy the backup folder that you saved previously in a safe location and paste it in the new window.
- It overwrites the current default folder and the files inside.
How to backup bookmarks in Chrome
To backup your bookmarks in chrome the steps to be followed are given below
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top- right of Google chrome and go to Bookmarks or just type chrome://bookmarks/#1 in the browser.
- In Bookmarks, go to the Bookmark manager tab, click on the organize option and then click on the Export bookmarks to HTML file.
- To restore bookmarks, again go to Bookmarks manager -> organize -> Import bookmarks from HTML file. Select your file and click open.
How to backup entire Chrome settings
To back up entire chrome settings, the steps to be followed are given below:
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top- right of Google chrome and go to Settings or just type chrome://settings/ in the browser.
- In settings, click on Sign in to chrome. Log in with your details.
- Click on advanced sync settings and choose Sync everything on the next screen and click OK button. This will backup all your data or settings.
ChromePass is a free tool to backup or export your stored passwords from Chrome browser in a XML, HTML file format and displays saved passwords in Google Chrome browser. The steps to be followed are given below.
- Download and install the ChromePass tool.
- Then run ChromePass tool to view all saved passwords in Google Chrome by extracting the downloaded zip file.
- To get the up-to-date list click on the refresh button.
- First select all passwords afterwards go toFile, choose save selected items and then select the type of file that you use to store these passwords.
- Enter a name to the file and save the passwords in selected file format.