“I lost all my files after jail breaking my iPhone. I’ve read about many things I can do to recover them, but which of them is the best? I’m afraid to try one without knowing if they really work.”
Part 1. Data Loss in iPhone
The worst thing that can happen to your iPhone is for it to go missing. The second, perhaps, is to lose all your files. Unfortunately, many things can cause data loss in iPhones. Aside from accidental deletion, an iOS update failure, system crash, factory resetting and jailbreaking could lead to catastrophic effects.
You should work on recovering your files as soon as you discover that they’re gone. That’s because the chance of getting them back decreases as you use your phone and create new data. The good news is that we are here to help you. This article will provide you different data recovery solutions you can do to get your files back.
Part 2. Common Data Recovery Solutions for iPhone
If you google “data recovery for iPhone”, you’ll see so many suggestions from different websites. Which one should you follow anyway?
Here’s a rundown of usual recommendations you would see on the internet to recover lost data from your iPhone.
- Restarting your iPhone
By simultaneously pressing the Home and Power button, you can restart your iPhone. There are instances when doing so solves the problem right away. They happen rarely though. If the files were accidentally deleted, this move would do nothing.
2.Retrieving files from backups
iPhone users can maximize iCloud and iTunes to create backups of their files. You can even set automatic syncing so you wouldn’t forget to back up your data.
Recovering files from backups is recommendable if you back up on a regular basis. If you do, you can retrieve all your files. However, restoring your iTunes and iCloud backup files require you to delete your iPhone’s contents first. You also can’t choose what specific files you still need. That said, you have to recover everything, even those that you no longer want and have intentionally erased. Naturally, it’s risky and time-consuming.
3.Using a third-party data recovery software
Different data recovery software can get back files in just a matter of clicks. Their user-friendly interface makes them the to-go solution for data loss. They are simply downloaded on a computer and when your phone is connected, the software can detect your deleted files.
Like other computer programs, the usual issue with these is compatibility. Luckily, software companies can now quickly keep up with the constant release of new iPhones and iOS updates. However, most require a paid subscription and sometimes they can be very expensive. It’s important to remember that before downloading a software, you should download from a virus-free source and choose one that is proven effective.
Part 3. The Best Data Recovery Solution for iPhone: FoneDog iOS Data Recovery
Among the 3 solutions we have presented, we recommend the use of a data recovery software the most. To be specific, we advise you to use FoneDog iOS Data Recovery. Here’s why:
- It has the industry’s highest data recovery success rate.
- No files are overwritten and all data stays secure.
- The software can restore various file types, from images, videos and documents to contacts, SMS and WhatsApp messages.
- It is compatible with all iPhones and iPads and can work with the latest iOS updates.
- It can run on Mac and Windows computers.
The great thing about the software is that it offers flexibility because there are 3 available recovery options. You can opt to directly restore files from your iPhone, recover through your iCloud backups, or retrieve via backup files on iTunes. Choose the one you think would work best for you. Nevertheless, we guarantee that data recovery for iPhone will be fast and easy!
Option 1. Directly Recover Data from iPhone
This solution works great whether you have backups or not.
After running the software, select Recover from iOS Device. Click Start Scan. This will prompt the software to scan your phone for files.
You will now see various file types that can be recovered. Click on one and this will display all found files. Mark on the files that you want to be restored. Do the same for other file types until you have marked on everything that you need.
Hit the Recover button to start downloading the files to your computer.
Option 2. Retrieve Files from iCloud Backup
This method is the way to go if you sync your iPhone with iCloud. FoneDog iOS Data Recovery allows you to access your backup file more conveniently than when you restore it straight from iCloud.
- Launch the software and choose Recover from iCloud Backup File. You will be directed to log on to your iCloud account. Enter your Apple ID and password.
- The software will display the available backup files. Click the Download button beside the backup file you want to access.
- A pop-up window will appear. Tick on the file types that you need to restore. Click Next to proceed.
- Once scanning is done, you will see various file categories on the left side of the window. Click on one and the right side will show you a preview of its contents. Select the files that you need.
- Click Recover and the software will now recover your chosen files.
Option 3. Restore Files from iTunes Backup
If you back up using iTunes, then follow the steps below. When you restore files directly from iTunes, you have to recover the whole backup file. On the contrary, the software will allow you to recover only the files that you need.
- Upon launching the program, you will be presented with three recovery options. Select Recover from iTunes Backup File.
- This will display the available iTunes backup files. Choose on and click Start Scan.
- The window will show you available file types. When you select one, you can preview the files within it. Tick the boxes beside the files that you want to recover.
- To download the files, click the Recover
Part 4. Conclusion
Data loss is no joke. Anyone can be a victim, but software exist for an easy data recovery for iPhone. If all other solutions failed you, then go straight to FoneDog iOS Data Recovery. It works with or without backup.
And if you’re happy with it, get our full version so you can unlock advanced features to fully control your iPhone’s data. You can even use it for your iPad too!